Tuesday, November 3, 2009

And Now for Something We Can All Agree On


The newly christened USS New York arrived in the city of it's namesake yesterday for commemorative ceremonies. You all may have heard of this already, so the point of this post isn't so much to inform. I just wanted to use my stump to say how proud I am today to be an American. I was always hoping we would just build the tallest building in the world at ground zero, but I think this is a much more appropriate and meaningful way to commemorate the heroism and sacrifice of 911. Reusing that steel from the towers to build the newest part of our naval fleet is, for lack of a better term, bad a**. Just wanted to share my feelings on this with you. I've linked you to the New York Times' coverage which includes a photo slide show and embedded video from MSNBC News here.

God Bless America!
(photo credit: nytimes.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment